Saturday, June 27, 2015

2015 - 06 - 19: Day 5 of Scenic Destinations

Day 5
From Brule WI
To Delagoon Park in Fergus Falls MN 
Distance Traveled: 240 miles 

Brule River 
After packing up my campsite it was just a short drive to a short hike to see the Brule River.  I loved the blue reflection of the sky in the water










along hwy 2 a quaint antique shop 
From here I continued via Hwy 2 toward Duluth.  This really quaint antique shop called to me so I had to pull in to check it out.  Sadly it was not yet open but I wandered around and enjoyed the delights of the various buildings.


In Duluth  I enjoyed the view as I crossed the bridge over the St. Louis River.  A gas stop at Sam's club and I was on my way once more.  

I followed hwy 210 west through Cromwell to Wright where I stopped for a rest break and a picnic lunch.  


Garrison's "big fish" with view to Mille Lacs Lake 




Continuing through Tamarack, McGregor and then following Hwy 169 to Aitkin so I could stop in Garrison to see the view to Mille Lacs Lake 





view to Rice Lake which is part of the Mississippi River
From there I took Hwy 18 to Brainard where I stopped at Lum Park for view to Rice Lake (which is a part of the Mississippi River.  I also stopped at the Northern Pacific Center  (1511 Northern Pacific Rd) to see the historic rail road buildings that have now been converted to modern usage. 

Now I once more continued west on hwy 210 through Staples and Aldrich to Wadena.  


Now there was a lovely scenic stretch Henning, Vinning, Battle Lake and Underwood into Fergus Falls. I understand this strech of road is called the "viking trail" in honour of the history of the early settlers to this area. 

In Fergus Falls I found a lovely camp site in Delagoon Park on Pebble Lake.  Setting up for the evening went quickly and soon I was relaxing, walking around to enjoy views of the lake and reading as the sun set behind the trees that shaded my camping site.  

Renate Dundys Marrello 

link to more photos

road map from Brule WI to Fergus Falls MN 

No comments:

Post a Comment