Saturday, June 20, 2015

2015 - 06 - 15: Day 1 - Scenic Destination Across the USA

Day 1 
From Home to Flint Michigan 
Total distance:  244 miles 



So finally the day has arrived and I am off on my Scenic Destinations Across the USA adventure.  I spent the morning packing the car and setting everything up for my convenience.

So I was on the road after lunch leaving later than I hoped, but secure in the knowledge that all has been well packed, my travel notes are in place and for the next two months I am free as a bird!

on the bridge from Sarnia to Port Huron 
The drive started with sunshine but by the time I reached London clouds were building and by Sarnia the skies looked like rain is once again coming. 

Border crossing took about 20 minutes and I was in the slow line, of course!   The border officer had lots of questions about my destination and plans and so I know why this line is slow!  However, he sent me on my way wishing me a fun adventure. 

From Port Huron to Flint was only another hour and by 7:00 I was at Sam’s Club.  Unfortunately this one does not offer a gas bar so I only got to pick up a few groceries.  Then I looked for a nearby accommodations.  

No sooner was I settled than the rain arrived.  It rained for hours and not just a light rain, a good soaking!   The pounding of the rain drops on the windows lulled me to sleep. 

Renate Dundys Marrello 
2015 - 06 - 15 



No comments:

Post a Comment