Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2011 - Meeting New Friends

Meeting new people is not an easy thing to do.  For so long now all one ever hears is about the "stranger danger"!   However, if one never takes a cautious risk one has few opportunities to meet new people.  And I think I am safe in presuming that the number of good descent people is much higher than the creepy few!


So one of the things that I decided to do on my travels was to be open to meeting new friends.  After all friends are only strangers that we have not yet met.


Like many retired people I have learnt to play facebook games and in the process I have started to chat with several that seem to have similar interests.  It seems a shame to not take the opportunities when they arise to meet these virtual friends.


So taking the sensible precaution of meeting in a public place for the first meeting I have reached out and planned for opportunities to meet some of my facebook friends.


So far I have met 4 of my online friends in person and all of them have turned out to be wonderful people!!  


Combining traveling exploring and friendship is another opportunity to make retirement an adventure to look forward to every single day.









No comments:

Post a Comment