Tuesday, February 22, 2011

2011 - starting the Blog Adventure

I have been traveling and sharing travel stories and photos with friends and family for just over 1.5 years now and was recently encouraged to start a blog and share with more people.   So here am, after thinking about this for a while.... I finally started my own blog...way to go Renate


Since retiring I have learnt there is a lot of time freed up when no longer filling the work week with many hours of work.   The challenge is to fill the time with some meaningful activities that stimulate and excite.  Why be retired if you just sit around and veg, right?


I have always wanted to travel and see many places.  I love photography and nature.   So I decided to combine my interests into my new adventure hobby.


First I pick an area I am interested in seeing.  Next I research that area for things to do.  Since I love nature and walking I start with looking for parks and nature trails.   Add to this list botanical gardens, zoos, historical architecture, bridges, waterways and I soon have an eclectic list of destinations.


Once my plans are prepared I hit the road camera and binoculars near at hand.  


So now the adventure in blogging has begun :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment